Monday, November 19, 2012

Cornhuskin'

I gave you fair warning that I was going to be horrible at updating the blog in a normal time frame.  I promise after December 1st, I'll be better.

Two weekend's ago I made the 9 hour trek to Lincoln, NE for the PSU football game.  We were fueled by 90's pandora playlists, windmill farms and great company.  Once we arrived we checked into our hotel, freshened up and went out to see the bar scene in Lincoln.  It was great to be back in a college town with college prices.  When you can buy 4 shots & 4 beers for $21, you know it's going to be a great time.

We checked out the tailgating atmosphere surrounding the stadium and it was alright.  Definitely not like what I'm used to at Penn State, but what is?  You see, Beaver Stadium is surrounded by acres and acres of farm land, perfect for drunken times with friends who have become family.  One of the guys that met us from Denver had a ghetto blaster, which is a 90's style boom box controlled by your smartphone.  Genius idea.  I now want one.  Needless to say, we walked around Lincoln, carrying this sucker on our shoulder playing the appropriate music.  Everyone loved us.


Cornhusker fans and alumni are some of the nicest Big Ten fans I have ever met.  I only have great things to say about them.  If you ever find yourself in Nebraska, you will not be disappointed in their hospitality.  It's also a great stadium with great traditions.  Even though we did not come away with a win, I had a great time.


Thursday is Thanksgiving.  I'm lucky enough to be going back to NEPA to spend the holidays with my family.  I'm getting to that age where I can't take the holidays for granted.  Holidays are soon going to be spent with significant others and maybe the in laws.  Me being 700 miles away from all my family also isn't the easiest thing either.  But hey, that's the family of today.  Gone are the days where kids grew up, started their own families, and stayed in the same general area where they were raised.  We're nomads, life would be so boring if you didn't get out there and see the world.

Also - Iowa is a horrible state, there are more windmills that people - FACT.

No comments:

Post a Comment