Monday, November 5, 2012

Road Tripping!

Spontaneity - I don't have any.

I've always been a planner.  If I could have my entire life mapped out I would.  I mean I try to, but you know, it's life!  I don't think I've ever picked up and done anything without thoroughly looking into all options and taking time to figure everything out.  That's changing.

Last weekend I went to the PSU @ Purdue football game and had a blast.  It's only a 2.5 hour trip to West Lafayette so it was perfect for a little day trip.  We played bags, drank some Yuengling, and cheered on the Nittany Lions in a sell out crowd.  I had to drink every last drip of Yuengling.  I forgot how chilly November football games could get, but by Thanksgiving weekend I should have it down to a science.

This weekend when the opportunity presented itself to take a road trip to Lincoln, NE for the PSU game, it didn't take me more than 10 minutes to decide.  I was going.  Sure it's 4 days away so it's not completely spontaneous.  But this is from the girl who is already planning her retirement.  Friday afternoon we will begin the nearly 9 hour trip westward.  I'm so flipping excited.  I've never been to Nebraska but it appears they have a pretty kick ass gameday experience.  There's just so much tradition among the Big Ten schools, how could you not love it, unless of course you are an Ohio State fan.

I've been waiting to turn the clocks back for about a month.  Every morning that I wake up I immediately always thought "when do I get my extra hour."  Well do not fear E, you got your extra hour this past weekend.  Did I enjoy it?  No.  I woke up at 3am in a complete hangover fog.  I'm still not entirely sure it was 3am.  Maybe it was 2am or even 4.  The only best part about day drinking it, you can sleep off your hangover and wake up the next morning fine!

I'm still pissed I spent the extra hour of sleep hungover.  I won't get over this for about a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment