Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Earrings and Rings

Like every girl, I'm a huge fan of jewelry.  It all started when I received a baby bracelet for my baptism.  When I was in about 4th or 5th grade my mom started buying me a piece of gold jewelry each year for Christmas.  A lot of my first real pieces of jewelry had my initials or name on it.  As I got older I made the switch to silver and started buying myself necklaces and earrings to wear out with my friends.  As you can imagine since elementary school until now I have quite a lot of jewels!  Also being the only female in my family, I have inherited my grandmothers' heirlooms.  I never had an organized jewelry box for all that I've acclimated over the years.  My go to necklace, ring, bracelet and earrings are always scattered all over my dresser.  It was time for a change.

I went to Ikea a few weeks ago and picked up some black box thing that I could use.  I saw something similar on pinterest but couldn't find the exact thing.  After staring at my purchase taunt me on my kitchen counter every day, I finally buckled down tonight and organize my jems!  What a task for a Wednesday night.  It's not perfect, but it's better than what I have.  First I separated all the sets, rings, earrings, bracelets, necklaces, and family heirlooms.  I'm keeping my family and sentimental jewelry separate from everything else.


My couch and coffee table were scattered with knotted jewelry, stay earring backs, and random silly bandz (oh yes I have everything from Tiffanys to silly bandz).


Who needs this many small fake studs?  Not this girl anymore.


If it was old or broken I ended up throwing it away, I had way too much.  Don't worry though, I didn't throw anything away of value.  I really need to figure out the easiest orderly way to keep earrings.  Studs can't just lay there, and hoops can't easily poke into a cork board. Pinterest should be able to help me out, I hope.

Oh and it's Halloween, I hate Halloween, but cheers from these guys.


No comments:

Post a Comment